Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application builder can't connect to AOS server 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtman

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
I am trying to run application builder (ver 4) from my PC and connect to my callpilot. I get a "can't connect to AOS server" error message. PCAnywhere has been removed from the callpilot server and I've ran the reg fix for that. I've also ensured that several other required settings are in place, "enable DCOM on this computer" "ANONYMOUS LOGON". If anyone has any more suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Is DCOM enabled on the CPilot server, also check off local activation on the server as well, and reboot, it should work after that.

DCOM is enabled on the CP server and the local activation was already checked. Remote activation was not checked for ANONYMOUS LOGON. I checked that but have not rebooted yet.

Clients are unable to access Application Builder due to an AOS error.

Verify the following TCP and UDP ports are enabled:

TCP port 20 (FTP)
TCP port 21 (FTP)
TCP port 135 (DCOM)
UDP port 135 (DCOM)
TCP port 143 (IMAP)
TCP port 389 (LDAP)
TCP port 636 (LDAP)
TCP port 993 (IMAP)
TCP ports 1024 to 65535 (DCOM)
UDP ports 1024 to 65535 (DCOM)

Verify the following DCOM settings:
1. Open Start->Administrative Tools->Component Service.
2. On the left pane of Component Services go to Component Services->Computers->My Computer.
3. Open Default Properties tab in My Computer properties.
4. Make sure that Enable Distributed COM on this computer checkbox is checked.
5. Make sure that Default connection level dropbox is set to Connect.
6. Make sure that Default Impersonation level dropbox is set to Identify.

Verify the following AOS DCOM permissions:
1. Open Start->Administrative Tools->Component Service.
2. On the left pane of Component Services go to Component Services->Computers->My Computer->DCOM Config->nmaos.
3. Open Security tab in nmaos properties.
4. Under Launch and Activation Permissions click Customize and then click Edit button.
5. Make sure that ANONYMOUS LOGON group has Local Launch, Local Activation and Remote Activation permissions granted.
6. If not, then add ANONYMOUS LOGON group with Local Launch, Local Activation and Remote Activation permissions granted.

7. If not, correct and reboot.

Verify the following Local Security Policy settings:
1. Go to Start -> Programs -> Administrative To ols -> Local Security Policy.
2. On the left pane select Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.
3. On the right pane find "DCOM: Machine Launch Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) syntax" line and double click on it.
4. Click Edit Security . Launch Permission window will appear.
5. Make sure that ANONYMOUS LOGON group is granted with Local Launch and Remote Activation permissions. Grant them if necessary by selecting Add, Advanced, Find Now, and double clicking on ANONYMOUS LOGIN, then save your changes.
6. Reboot is not required.

you do not need pc anywhere for app builder.. i have it off of my servers because of security concerns... 1st question is can you ping that address.. if so i usually try a tftp to see if i have that blocked... it;s not required, but if i;ve got that blocked i have a lot of other things blocked.. the pc's we use here are on the same subnet with nothing between them except a switch.. you can not get to that server here except from that single network, again an internal security issue.. we have 10K internal users and cust medical records

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I would check if its been patched to SU03. Im not 100% sure, but I know with SU03 you need to put the CPMGR patch on your PC or you cant browse to Call Pilot Manager, and I think there is one for App Builder also. Maybe I'm pointing you in the wrong direction, but it might be worth a look.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Brtman,

I have had similar scenarios with Application Builder and to help me try and isolate the issue I also tried the 3 different entry point configurations- Dial Up, ELan and TLan to see if any would work.

Just a thought.....

TGD

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I can now get into App Builder. I rebooted the server last night and it works now. I think the fix was the ANONYMOUS LOGON account didn't have remote capabilities. I added that but it must not have taken effect until I rebooted. Again thanks for all your input.

Steve B

Brtman...if you have a 201i callpilot server you will
need CP404ACC001s.exe pep for PCAnywhere to work
on callpilot.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

We continue to get the "Could not connect to AOS server" message when trying to login to application builder (CallPilot 4 server), I've checked everything mentioned by MrPederman (Vendor) above (ie: Firewall ports, Enabling Distributed COM, ANONYMOUS LOGON settings, etc.) everything is set correctly however still getting the same error. Some users are able to login, we have a couple that continue to get this error though, Is there anything else people have experienced that might resolve this issue?

verify settings on each pc is set the same, can the pc's that dont connect, ping the server?

Yes Both computers have Distributed COM Enabled and both can ping the server both have the latest version of App Builder installed except one connects and the other gets "Could not connect to AOS server

I think we are already running the latest version 5.00.41.21

Latest Callpilot App-Builder

PEP Number: CP404S04G16A

The latest version is CP500S00G21A.exe which has App builder version 5.00.41.21 and is compatible with CallPilot Manager 4 & 5. This is what we have installed

Yes we have the CPSECPEP008S.MSI SECURITY PEP installed but still no luck, we have Callpilot 4.04.04.30 installed

This Option Worked for me by MrPederman!! Thanks!

Code:
Verify the following Local Security Policy settings:
1. Go to Start ->  Programs -> Administrative To ols -> Local Security Policy.
2. On the left pane select Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.
3. On the right pane find "DCOM: Machine Launch Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) syntax" line and double click on it.
4. Click Edit Security . Launch Permission window will appear.
5. Make sure that ANONYMOUS LOGON group is granted with Local Launch and Remote Activation permissions. Grant them if necessary by selecting Add, Advanced, Find Now, and double clicking on ANONYMOUS LOGIN, then save your changes.
6. Reboot is not required.

It's a stupid thing but I had to spent an hour to solve this - If you access application builder via Pilot Manager make sure that you enter server IP in the "Server:" field. If you enter "localhost" instead of IP address, you'll manage to login to CP Mgr but you'll get "can not connect to AOS server" while attempting to launch App Builder from Home or Tools menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back