Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder and hunt group problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSergeant

Technical User
Jul 15, 2010
GB
Hey all,

I have a conundrum that I'm hoping you can help sort out.

Our IT Helpdesk have requested a change on the phone system.

They are wanting callers to first hear a "Welcome to the IT Helpdesk" message then forward to a hunt group containing four extensions. If none of the phones are answered or are busy they then want a message to be played along the lines of "Sorry, all phones are busy, press 1 to continue to hold or press 2 to leave a message".

I am okay with the initial message and forwarding to the hunt group, the problem I have is if phones are busy or unanswered how do I get it back to the application to continue on to the press 1 or 2 message?

I have created a new application containing the menu choices, gave it its own sdn and then added this as a fifth number in the IT Helpdesk hunt group. Unfortunately, it just forwards to voicemail for the huntgroup and not the sdn for the menu application.

We're using an Option 11C and Callpilot release 03.03.06, Callpilot Manager 04.04.04.30

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

you did add the new number to the CP SDN table and point to new app right? Have to ask, I have added to CP before and not PBX, and vice-versa a time or two...

Mato' Was'aka

Sounds like you are trying to mix ACD with regular extensions, I am not sure you can do that in the way you want.
You might try this:
Phone # ----> Voice mail message ---> MCR keys on all phones ----> MCR to Hunt and FDN to voice mail ----> app for 1 or 2 ----> 1 sends them back to the MCR. ....etc. Problem with this is that if all agents are busy you may end up in a loop when someone constantly tries to return to an agent when none are available and they keep going back to the message.

Otherwise you could try to use basic ACD utilizing interflow and overflow to manipulate the calls based on times and numbers. With basic ACD you will end up at the back of the queue if they leave and they then choose to return to queue.

Both these cases require changes to the phone programming/set up. Now if you had Symposium, thats a whole new ball game .....

Yes, I created a phantom and used dcfw to 4000.

I then created a sdn with the same dn and the phantom and pointed to the correct application. If I dial the new sdn it works fine and presents me with the menu.

However, if I put this dn as the fifth number in the initial hunt group it goes to voicemail for the huntgroup and not to the application. It would appear that it's seeing the inital cli of the hunt group with all the phones in.

I've fiddled with ACD's and IDC's and still the same problem persists.

trvlr1

I've not had much dealings behind the scenes with this system...

I hate to have to ask, but can you explain in more detail with regards to the MCR solution, please? I.E step by step on setting this up?

I've tried using ACD and IDC to no avail. Can you explain in detail what I need to do with this, too, please?

Callers ending up at the back of the queue is not that big of a deal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back