Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

application association with a workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcorrigan

Technical User
Jul 4, 2000
CA
I am trying to associate an application object with a particular workstation using zenworks 2.  I can create the workstation object and associate the application object with the workstation but the application object is not displayed in Application Laucher.  Is there something I can look for or try to fix this problem?

Make sure the workstation has been registered in NDS (ie: you can remote control/view it), you could also check to make sure Application Object Options for the app is set to App Launcher - that is the default, but you never know....

Check to make sure that the application has a Operating System requirement. Without one, you will never get the app to work on any workstation. This is just one of those quick things to check. Before ripping an app apart or recreating it a thousand times.

-Mike

make sure in nwadmin that the user is associated with the object. go into nwadmin and right click the object and select associations. [sig][/sig]

I have a user that uses more than one NT work station on a netware 5 system. I want different applications on the machines. I want to force a update and not mix the applications. I.E. One has a modem and the other work station does not. I don't want the modem software going to the other station..Any tips

lastly I want to run the updates on say on tuesday, yet I don't want to run updates for the rest of the week. Any quick one day scripts out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back