Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

applet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffy

Programmer
Mar 29, 2001
US
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted in awhile because I had started medical school but I had to come home for a family emergency and have a temporary job. Anyway I have a question regarding applets using html. I'm posting the code below and I'll explain the problem after.

Code:
<applet code="fphover.class" codebase="../_private/" width="160" height="32">
  <param name="color" value="#000080">
  <param name="textcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
  <param name="effect" value="glow">
  <param name="hovercolor" value="#0000FF">
  <param name="font" value="TimesRoman">
  <param name="fontstyle" value="bold">
  <param name="fontsize" value="15">
  <param name="text" value="NovoPath Basics">
  [b]<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="/Sword/NovoPath/Documentation/Novopath Tutorial/Private/Viewlets/Basic.viewlet/Basic.exe">[/b]
  <param name="target" value="_blank">
</applet>

My problem is in the bold line. The company I'm working for has viewlets as you can see for a tutorial for their product. However, if a shortcut is created to the tutorial off the server, say for example on the client's desktop, then the viewlet can not be seen because instead of the path being file://, an extra slash is inserted so the path reads file:///. Is there any way to get rid of that extra slash? Each client has the tutorial set on a server on their machine, but the only way the tutorial seems to work is if the drive is mapped. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Arif

just a clarification that the value in the url parameter has to be a relative path, not an absolute one as I have listed so something like:

../Viewlets/Basic.viewlet/Basic.exe

since the page calling the viewlet is in the same parent directory (Private) but different folder called pages

Arif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back