Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

applet loads on one server, not on other

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcvdmvs

Technical User
Sep 18, 2000
NL
I have a problem with an applet.
I designed a website with an java applet with a menusystem. On my development server its happy up and running, however when i uploaded the site to the right domain the applet wont load, it just shows a grey field. I guessed i did something wrong with the param but i compared the files and there the same, also the pics can be found. Im am very riddled, someone ho knows what the problem is? mcvdmvs
-- "It never hurts to help" -- Eek the Cat

I might, what browser are you using? IE? "and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." --Pink Floyd: Eclipse

"I'm going to spend eternity
reinstalling Windows." --Reinstalling Windows: by some British guy

all browsers, IE, NS, Opera, K-Meleon, even Lynx, but hey that wont work ofcourse ;-) mcvdmvs

Mabey it's just the site you put it on. "and everything under the sun is in tune

What about it, why does the site determine wheter or not a java applet will work? Thats exactly my question. mcvdmvs

I don't know, my HTML experience is very limited. I only write simple HTML's to run my applets, nothing for the net. "and everything under the sun is in tune

If you want to send me the HTML page and the applet, or post them, it would help. Also, what is the directory structure of your live web site?

meadandale@yahoo.com

Hi,
You say that your applet is running fine on your development server. Does the applet run on a regular web browser or in an Appletviewer ?
Is there any message on the java console of any web browser when the applet does not work ?
Sorry for so many questions, but is seems hard to figure what could happen when it does not work.

Best regards

Post the url of your website if possible. Then we will be able to see for yourselves or else we will have a hard time guessing :)

Leon

Ok, this is what I found out. Your working version is alright but your non-working version for this exception 'bad magic number'. I encountered this error before too but I don't know how to solve it....

Anyway, I downloaded both the working and non-working applets and ran them from my pc. The non-working one still have the error wheras the working is alright so it seems like the only thing you can do is to upload your applet and try again if you haven't done so.

Good luck,
Leon

Hi,
When I ran the non working version of your Applet I got :
Error loading class: snow.QLIM
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: snow.QLIM
at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass (URLClassLoader.java)
at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass (URLClassLoader.java)
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedClassLoad (AppletPanel.java)
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent (AppletPanel.java)
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent (AppletPanel.java)
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run (AppletPanel.java)
at java/lang/Thread.run (Thread.java)

This is a direct sign that your class snow.QLIM can't be found by your non working server.

Hope it will help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back