Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apple Laserwriter Pro 630 printing problem on Win Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubarak

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
EG
I am using Win Xp and office XP with the above printer. After printing several pages, a particular page prints partially (only the upper 1/4th or 1/2 is printed and the page number). whenever I attempt to re-print this page it prints with exact fault(even after sveral days)!, although other pages continue to print normally !!!!

I've seen the same type situation where a page out of several/many was corrupted and wouldn't print. Deleting the page corrected the problem.

Thanks for your prompt response. These pages are a part of a 151 page MS word document (page 79, 81 & 82). Do you mean that I should delete these particular pages from the document, then either print them separatly, or re-insert them in the document, once in the past I tried to re-write the corrupted pages but this did not work, may be windows is keeping a fixed temp file for these pages (and read directly from the temp file). I also thought that its a temp file inside the printer, but this particular printer contains only a RAM memory (which is cleared once the printer is off).

Removing the page/s and re-creating them has worked for me. As to the RAM in the printer, you may need to actually unplug it to make sure the memory is cleared. I've always wished for a hard drive in my printer but couldn't justify the expense, just added more RAM, up to 32MB now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back