Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apple 17 PowerBook vs. 15 inch, Any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sina

Technical User
Jan 2, 2001
CA
Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of getting the apple 17 inch laptop. I know there are some diffeernces such as:

ATA100 vs ATA 66 in the 15 inch
AirPort Extremem vs Airport
and the keyboard back light.

But has anyone with the 17" has any comments?

I like to make a purchase but as you know the money is the main thing and I like to get your opinion.

Thanks much

Hi,

I have a 15" PowerBook, and it is great, the back lit keyb would be nice, but the reflection from the screen is adequate + a desk light - unless you are spending you life in the dark.

The only thing i have to say about the 17" is that i would expect the batt, not to be so good as it is a bigger screen to run. A it is SO big. laptop...portable! 15" has a brilliant and very adequate screen for travelling.

AirPort etc is nothing to worry about, there are going to be hundreds of changes to specs. for wirless over the coming years and you will never have the latest for long!

CyberWarrior

Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All that's required for evil to suceed is for good men to do nothing.

I walked into the KRCS store here in leeds, and checked out the bat life on the 17", 1hour from 99% charge with screen at about 50% brightness. Not good... :(

Mike...

I've got a PB 15" and I've service a few for clients. That 17' tft is pretty big. I can't imagine what purpose (other than having a BIG screen) it would truly serve.

The 15" is very adequate. You know, it's not the size of the laptop but the mousing of the user that really counts.

Save the money and invest in an external firewire drive to backup all your data:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back