Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appending one Report to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0rthy

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
GB
I want to append several reports together to create one huge report. I have found some details on how to do this on the Crystal decisions web site in the document (scr8migratecrpeapitordc.pdf). There is a mention of something called a ReportSourceRouter.

However, i am producing my reports on the web through ASP pages. I cannot seem to use this at all. Can anyone help as i think that this would not only be useful to me but to others here.

Many thanks,

Mark Jones

Hi,

You could link all the reports together as subreports within a main report. You may have to convert you page headers to group headers in your subreports.

Hth,
Geoff

There is no requirement that the subreports
must be linked.

Sounds like you should be using unlinked subreports.

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Seagate Info 7 does this via a "Report Package" and the pages are numbered consecutively through all the reports (report 1 goes from pages 1-24, report 2 from pages 25-40, etc.).

See if you can find someone with the free CD they published a few years ago. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Creating a report with sub reports i don't think is an option. I am giving the users a choice to pick a range of reports with different selection criteria. this can be any number of reports and they are different every time.

I have seen from the above example from crystal solutions that it is possible to combine reports using this ReportSourceRouter - does anyone know how to implement this through ASP code or VBScript.

I cannot find any samples anywhere.

All help welcome,

Mark jones

Mark,

Using a prompt with multiple-value selection
of the possible reports, you can achieve this
with unlinked subreports.

Each subreport can reside in it's own section
and you would suppress that section if the
correponding prompt value was not selected.

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Hi,

That's what I meant. Link was the wrong word !
Combine would have been better.

You could also insert the subreports and make them on demand, in which case they can view any of the inserted subreports from the same main report.

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back