Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appending Jobs to tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johr

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
We are using ARCserveIT 6.61 Advanced Edition for NT Build 897. We are attempting to run two backup jobs each night. The first to backup the server on which Arcserve is installed, the second to backup another server to the same tape as the first job. We have append to media checked for the second job but it asks for a blank tape with the same name as the destination but a different ID number. We do not have media pools set up and are not using GFS. What are we doing wrong?
Thank you

I've gotten that message when my tape got full. Is there enough room on your tape to backup both servers??

Yes there is sufficient space. As a test I set up two jobs, backing up only one directory from each server, the same problem occurs.

Strange. Might be an undocumented feature (bug) of Build 897. I'm running the same version but have build 834SP2A, which according to CA's website is the latest build for v6.61. May want to try applying the latest Arcserve patches/service packs or backup both servers from one job?? Sorry couldn't be anymore help.
DanD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back