Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append to SQL not working? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamr99

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
US
I have an access database that is linked with sql server through ODBC. All workds fine, I can add records manually by openeing the tables and typing in data. But when I try to run an append qry, it gives me a "Didn't add 1 record due to a key violation". well, I have tried about every key combo I can think of (even none) to no avail.

Any ideas on this ever frustrating problem?

Thanks
Adam

For those of you who use the search feature (which I am one ;)

The reason I was getting this was that Access didn't like to have to populate my AutoNumber Field, as well as, I was trying to populate a yes/no field to a bit (0 or 1) field. I just changed the yes/no field in Access to a bit.

Adam

Thanks for posting the solution! I'm a firm believer in searching first - which for some reason others don't! It's amazing how many people want the answer just given to them when with just a little effort, you can find it yourself!

Star for you!

Leslie
landrews@metrocourt.state.nm.us

There are 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary
and
those who don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back