Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append Table or Query Data Every 2 Minutes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj007

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hi

I need some help. We have an Oracle database that I have link from Oracle to Access 2003. I can see and query the data without problems.

The link table name is Oracle_RT_DATA and the Access database name is TMSR.mdb. I have created a query from the Oracle_RT_DATA table name qryrtdata. I need to export/append the table or query to a database or Excel spread sheet every 2 minutes for 3 weeks. We are trying capture realtime data. I have created an output macro in Access, but I have no idea on appending the date or creating a timer. Thanks guys

create a form in your TMSR.mdb (unbound, no controls needed)

go to the events tab of the properties window of the new form.

in the "On Timer" event select the name of your output macro.
in the "Timer Interval" enter the value of 120000 (this equals 120000 milliseconds, equals 2 minutes).

As long as this form is open, it will run your output macro every two minutes.

HTH,
fly

Martin Serra Jr.

flyover789

Sotty it took so long for me to answer. I have applied your advice and it worked as you stated. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back