Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append some text to another table

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKB6

MIS
Mar 20, 2009
US
Hi,
I am using the query form to create an append query. I do not have any problem to setup this.
My problem is to append to the other table just part of the text from a specific column.

For example on one table the column product has 'products:part1' and I would like to only append the 'part1' after the ''products:'. Since 'products:' is present before any text I am looking for, I can just select all the text after ':'.

I just cannot figure a way to do this in the query form.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

yourAlias: Mid([product],10)

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I understand what you do, but actually I have to check on the ':' that is allways present because 'product' can be product or something else.

So I will need to calculate first where is the ':' with an Instr of some sort, and take all the text after the ':' when I find where it is.

If I can do this in VBA, I just cannot find a way to do this in the field box that shows on the query form.

Just extend PHV's example
Code:
yourAlias: Mid([Product], Instr([Product],":")+1)

Thanks.
Obviously when it is easy, I try to make it difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back