Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

append recordset with nulls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

accessguy52

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
Hi! Does anyone know of a workaround to appending a recordset that has some records with null values in them? Access will let me append the ones with non-nulls but complains when I run the append query. In code, it's even worse, just stops and syntax editor complains. Anyone have a workaround? Thanks.

accessguy52

Check the destination table and the field(s) for which nulls appear. You need to ensure the "AllowNull" property of the field(s) in the destination table is set to yes....that will solve all your problems.

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+
w: rljohnso@stewart.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

Duh - why didn't I think of that? Thanks, that worked. BTW, do you recall how to turn off the "You are about to append.." dialog box so I can put up my own? I remember seeing it somewhere in a book and now I don't have that book. Thanks again!

accessguy52

docmd.setwarnings false
...insert code for queries, etc
docmd.setwarnings true

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back