Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append Query/VBA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

philcon

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have an application running stand alone on four separate machines to cpature research data.

The main capture form (unbound) captures all details regarding the subject matter and then a button opens an append query which transafers all the captured data to a table.

On 3 of the machines no problem whatsoever, however on one of the machines, if data is entered in a free comment box (memo field in table), I get a run-time error - Invalid Argument.

I have tried copying and pasting the form on that specific machine, even creating a new database and importing all elements from the original, all to no avail. If there are any comments in that box, I get the runtime error.

Can anyone make any suggestions please.

Many thanks

Phil.

Are they all running the same version and rollout
Are the references the same on all machines

Hope this helps
Hymn

do a keyword search on "memo field invalid argument"
there a a couple of threads on that subject

HTH

Hi guys, thanks for the response, unfortunately I haven't been able to get hold of the machine to test your suggestions, but will let you know how I get on.

Ta

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back