Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append Query - How to union seperate queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

cratho

MIS
Mar 1, 2002
US
When using the Append Query tool in Brio 6.5, how can you utilize 2 different queries containing different tables to Union? My problem is that I can't figure out how to "build" the second query. Any changes I make in the second query show up in the first, like adding and deleting tables. Any ideas? Thanks

add ALL the tables you need to the first query
from the command menus choose DataModel/DataModel Options/ go to the Joins tab and select 'use the minimum number of topics'
If the topic(s) columns needed for the second union query are/is not in the limits and not in the requests it will not be used in creating the SQL.
Be Careful. if you join to a table that you WANT in a query and its not in the request nor the limits it will be ignored; sometime creating an Unjoined cartisan. A workaround is to add one of the columns as a limit and in the Custom SQL for the limit simply type in '1=1'; then it will be included in the SQL.
Good luck.

Thank you, nthg2say. Pretty ingenius solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back