Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

append one worksheet to printing of another

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawnz

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
US
I have a spreadsheet with three worksheets:
the first worksheet has VA insurance data
the second worksheet has TN insurance data
the other has revisions that were posted to the first worksheet.

my manager wants the revision sheet at the bottom of the data worksheet, but then the data worksheet has some conditional formatting and other programming in it, and I'd hate to break up just to put revisions in there and then make people (i.e. me) insert rows all the time in order to append the data.

How can I make the spreadsheet print the revisions to the end of the data worksheet without needing to copy and paste the revisions to the data worksheet?

In addition to this... how can I make the revisions append to the data worksheet so my manager can send it to the powers that be, and then remove the revisions after she is finished sending. She usually uses the send feature within excel to send files.

kawns,

Since it's been 3 days with no response, I thought it appropriate to "bring you some attention" - AND also to resolve your task.

I believe it's possible to generate the results you require, but the situation you've described is one that does not lend itself to easily providing the (full) solution here on Tek-Tips. In addition, your task is one that makes it significantly more difficult to provide the solution for - without having the benefit of viewing your actual file. This could very well be part of the explanation for no responses to date.

It would be a HUGE advantage (at both ends) if you could email a copy of your file. Naturally you should replace any sensitive data with fictitious data that still reflects the type of data you're working with.

Tek-Tips has instructed that contributors must no longer provide their email addresses due to spam problems. This will severely hamper those of us who want to provide "significant" and precisely relevant help that fits with a "specific" (actual) file.

I therefore hope that providing my email address in a "non-hyperlink" fashion will be a work-around that is acceptable to Tek-Tips.

So if you would like help and wish to email your file, please use the following address (replacing "at" with "@")...

Regards, Dale Watson dalwatson at gov.mb.ca

Thank you Dale.
I just fired of an e-mail to you with the file and more details.

Dale, just for the record I'm 100% with you on this one. There sometimes comes a point in a thread where I'm pretty fed up trying to illicit just what the data looks like from the OP (Often due to the complexity of the data and not necessarily the OPs inability to convey it), yet I really want to bottom it out because if nothing else I'm probably curious by now. The easiest way for me to do that is to get a copy of the data in question, and then it's up to me exercise whatever caution I feel necessary by not running macros etc. Not being able to do that is a right royal PITA, and is more likely IMO to lead to an OP not getting the answer they could have done because it's just too hard to get there with all the to-ing and fro-ing.

When I've looked at data for people in the past in this way I usually try and net out the problem and the solution on the site anyway, so that others can benefit and the thread can be closed. I value my time, and if I can save a lot of it by getting a copy of the workbook as opposed to numerous frustrating postings then that is what I prefer to do, albeit as I said aftyer initially trying to ascertain the problem in words.

If nothing else I actually find it interesting to see how other people set up workbooks/sheets and problems etc, as well as seeing formatting examples and gettinga feel for what works aesthetically and doesn't.

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back