Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App only works in Install Mode-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiwaq

MIS
Dec 12, 2001
US
Server:Win2k sp 3
Citrix: XPe FR3

We run a custom app that in the process launches a Jetform filler, saves to "folder" (virtual place with in an application for credit) then prints.

When I'm in install mode (change user /install) application works like a charm.

Out of install mode...hangs and fails.

I need this application for all users...any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Was the application initially installed in Install Mode?

Yes! And I have tried researching the "install mode" and looked at similar situations..similar postings etc. Nothing seems to work...except the application in install mode : (

Does it work irregardless of install or execute mode when you are logged on as an admin?

Its only works in install mode...only people who can see the desktop to put it in install mode are admins.

If I put the server in install mode in the admin session, and log in as a user in my own session, application does not work..unless I put that session in install mode.

A couple of things to try;

1. Remove the application, and re-install it using the Control Panel's Add/Remove programs applet instead of CHANGE USER /INSTALL

2. If the install still doesn't work, download Handle from sysinternals.com. It should provide you an indication of how the app is loading in the two different modes.

3. As always contact the vendor to find out if the app is indeed supported under Citrix.

Good Luck

Re-formatting the server and re-installing the application worked : (

This custom app was so hard coated in the background to only see the c:\winnt\system32 folder.

Mapping to a c:\ or subst didnt even work.

Thanks again for your help anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back