Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

app.exe.comfig question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

netjkus

Programmer
Aug 25, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a req.. I need to have a appname.exe.config file to be read by an application ABC. But by default the ABC.EXE.Config file is taken. I need to read the XYZ.exe.config file to take. This may be peculiar.. But any help is appreciated.
thanks

Unfortunately I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish here.. If you could clarify:

But by default the ABC.EXE.Config file is taken

and

I need to read the XYZ.exe.config file to take

I may be able to help more..
Ignore this if I'm just missing something obvious.

Regards,
John

I don't think thats possible.
It's build into the ramework that an application shall use applicationName.exe.config, nothing else.

Markus

I think Larsson is correct - the built-in methods to access config values assume the file is named ABC.exe.config. If you want to access XYZ.exe.config, you will need to open it via an XmlReader instance and parse it yourself.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

why can't you just add your needs into the "ABC.EXE.Config" file?
for example: i have an application that needs config stuff loaded. i just added new sections in to the "ABC.EXE.Config" file and voila! config stuff read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back