Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App disappearing on me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyBoard

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
ZA
I've wrote this GUI app and the thing works great running permanently for a week, but at random it would just close itself. Closing is by password, and the program does not ask for any passwords to close, so I suspect it is a funny crash, ie. No error message!!! You would expect to see some kind of error message when things like this happen.

Running permamently for a week. i.e. not being closed over night? If so, cause might be a memory leak.

I agree surprising that there is no error message.

Sounds intriguing. More details like what the program does might help shed more light.

To VintageWine, yes running continuosly for a week. To Eyebean, it is just a couple of maps with icons displayed on them for use in a building management system. This controls other custom software through TCP/IP to open doors etc. I find it strange that it a memory leak, because the size of the program stays the same in memory, ie. doesn't grow bigger. I must say that this program does occupy about 35MB of memory if resident, because of all the Maps and controls.

Probably won't help much, but maybe there's a TCP/IP error that causes the app to crash. Maybe some config file that's off (since it worked before). Or thinking simpler, maybe someone ctrl-alt-del killed it while you were away.

Why dont you catch the exception and tell me what it is
To do so
place this in Form1.FormCreate(..)
begin
// now to handle the exception event
Application.OnException := AppException;
end;

and then this procedure in you code

// Handle the Exception
procedure TForm1.AppException(Sender: TObject; E: Exception);

begin
//Application.ShowException(E);
//Application.Terminate;
// èçáèðà ñå äàëè äà ñå ïîêàçâà exception

end;

Dont forget to place this in the public section
public
// Exception handler
procedure AppException(Sender: TObject; E: Exception);

I am curious to see what error message will this show ?!?
Good Luck

Good Luck !
Spent
mail:spentbg@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back