Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to know when only my application is idle so i can hold a key username and password to reactivate my application. Using Visual Basic 6.0

I do not think I understand your question. Why would you want to know when ONLY YOUR APPLICATION was idle? If you are polling API functions then by definition your program will not only not be idle, it will be very active. If it is active then it will not be idle. I might suggest testing your application with a Timer Control if you want to know what your application is doing.

OR

You could create a second application to test the condition of an application, but if you use the second application to open and close other applications you need to be VERY careful. It is best in general to avoid this type of application.

LOL

Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back