Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API that returns PF name for LF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack1955

Programmer
Nov 15, 2002
US
I'm looking for the API that returns the "based on file" in the DSPFD printed output. I tried all version of DSPFD to an outfile (that would have been good too) with no results. DSPDBR just works from PF to all it's dependent LFs. Any suggestions?

try -

DSPFD FILE(MYLIB/MYLGCL) TYPE(*MBR) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)+
FILEATR(*LF) OUTFILE(QTEMP/FDTEMP)

the field name in outfile that has the based on physical file name is MBBOF

grace

Thanks for the answers. I missed the field in *MBRLIST. As far as the other command- I don't have that kind of access to the computer and I wanted to use the physical file name in a command I already have.

Jack

There is an API called QDBLDBR which lets you retrieve this info. I've written a utility called DSPREL which shows you all related physicals and/or logicals for a file, regardless of whether it is physical or logical. The IBM command (DSPDBR) only shows you this info for physical files. The source code will let you see how to use it. If you let me know your address I'll e-mail it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back