Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache services satarted but localhost yields page cannot be displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elemental

Programmer
Mar 17, 2001
CA
Ok. SO I've got Apache 2.0.47 on Winxp Home. Downloaded the msi file and it installs fine. The monitor says that all services are running. But when I go to I get page cannot be displayed.
For the config stuff at the time of install I put localhost for name, localhost for server and my email for admin. I've got Coldfusion running asa standalone server and mysql 4.013. It all works fine on the desktop but for some reason on the laptop........CF works mysql works and apache seems to but can't get default page to load.
Help please if you can!
thanks
Elemental

Yep it is. I fixed the prob. Thanks though!
:)

I'm having the exact same problem that you described above. How did you fix it??

I went back to Apache 1.?.? (the current stable version) and it works! So... on my Toshiba Laptop with WinXPHome I've got Apache, PHP and mySQL all working great.

I'd still like to get Apache 2 working though.

I had the same problem under win2k but it's resolved now and v2 is running like a champ. Check your server root and document root. As I recall, I fixed it by not using 'localhost' as the ServerName. Use your workstation name (including port number - i.e. somename:80) or IP address with port number instead. Also, even tho you're running a windows machine, Apache still prefers forward slashes or whacks '/' instead of the more conventional backslashes on such machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back