Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache Server Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissJules

Programmer
Apr 2, 2003
NL
We are running Oracle 9iAS (ver 1.0.2.2.1) on NT4 (SP6).

The Apache server seems to be crashing for no apparent reason (or at least no good reason!). I have been searching Oracles metalink and OTN and it seems quite a few people are having the same problem, but no-one has come up with a solution that works for us yet.

Question 1
Has anyone got any suggestions on how to stop the crashing?

Question 2
Everytime, Apache Crashes and starts up again, 2 java.exe processes are created - but the 'crash' does not kill the previous 2 java.exe processes... so eventually the system runs out of virtual memory and Apache server fails to restart!
Any ideas on how to kill the java.exe process? (Access is denied when trying to kill the process in the Taskmanager)

We have recently installed Oracle 9iAS 1.0.2.2.2 along with Oracle Reports.

Our Oracle reports crash occasionally and seem to subsequently make the webserver crash.

The Oracle Reports error messages say Invalid Printer - even though it may have successfully used that printer seconds before.

The problem may be connected with caching of the DNSNAME Resolution IP address.

I have posted a new request in this forum in which I give the full details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back