Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache loading with Oracle 9i client

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRoberts

MIS
Apr 14, 1999
US
I have installed an Oracle 9i client onto my WinPro 2k PC. I see that, I believe, that somehow the Oracle client is loading two copies of Apache.exe (and I suspect java.exe) into RAM upon boot up. I have searched my Startup folders under all my profiles and the registry to find out where these executables are being loading. I can not find just how the Oracle client is loading these. Just how are, I hope are extraneous, programs being loaded? I never use the java or apache with my Sqlplus and would like to save some RAM if possible.

Also, the Oracle versions of the jdk is ALWAY stuffed onto the C drive under Program files. I like all my oracle stuff on another drive under the home directory. Is there any what to load (or even not load) this java stuff? Cripes, I have over 1200 folders and over 1100 files just with this java stuff. I have found various parameter files for Oracles java components (too many to count really) with entries like "JRE_LOCATION=C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8"

Can't find the response to this question. I would also like NOT to load apache.exe twice, and at times NOT like to load oracle what I boot the machine. I now open task mgr (W2K) and delete what I can, and I can't delete apache. If this has been answered please tell me how to access the response. Thank you.

hello

go to windows services and stop the apache service from there.

as far as the installing of oracle jdk in c drive u can change the path during the installation when it prompts for the additional components to loaded.

Regards

Liyakat Parkar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back