Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache and IIS on the same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreako

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
NO
Hi!

I have a problem I can't figure out here.

I'm running an Apache server on a machine, but on the same machine I also run IIS. Those two obviously can't run on the same port, but is there any possible way to get the apache to call the asp-page on the ISS and then return with the HTML-Page to apache and then the Apache shows the webpage on the net.
The way I have solved this for now is that IIS is running on port 8000, but that port is closed by many firewalls, so I really want them both to run on port 80, og apache on port 80 and that apachen kicks ISS that in a way runs in the background but the users still will see the asp pages!

Does anybody understand what I'm trying to say here!?! If not ask me and maybe I can explain in another way!

Can anybody help me with this?!?!

Thanks in advance

Regards

andreako

Hi!

I'm not too familiar with this!

What changes do I have to do to get it to either pass it on, or make IIS a remote server, and where do I have to make the changes? as you can understand I'm pretty new at this Apache server configuration.

I hope someone can help me with this!

Thanks in advance

andreako

I run IIS server with Tomcat 3.3.1. When i try to execute the example i ha ve a error in my IE screen:

MZÿÿ¸@ິ Í!¸LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode. $PÁ,å B¶ B¶ B¶o¼N¶ B¶ü¿I¶ B¶—¼

I don't know what is my problem. Do you can help me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back