Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache 2 and php support

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafka

Programmer
Oct 17, 2000
US
Hi Folks,

I have been trying to get php to play nice with apache 2. No luck so far,

Added these lines to the conf file in apache:
1) LoadModule php4_module /php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
(also tried LoadModule php4_module /php/sapi/php4apache.dll)
2) AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

Installed php 4.2.1. package

The net result is that that the server does not start. Nothing in the error log which would help. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions. Don't make me move to IIS. just kidding.

Cheers,

gumby

did you copy the php4ts.dll file to your /winnt/system32/ dir?

try checking the errors in the mmc event veiwer

That is assuming your running win nt/2k/xp
if not copy it to your /windows/system32/ dir, that should work -Twenty7

kafka-

It really is important to be specific when asking questions here. So many people just mention their problem without explaining exactly what operating system they are on, or exactly which version of the software, etc...

I assume (from the .dll file) you are running windows, but I don't know which version. If this is the case, then you should try put a windows path to the PHP dll files in httpd.conf:

LoadModule php4_module C:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll

Also, there are several problems that can be caused by your php.ini file. There also, you should use windows file paths whenever applicable.

On my install of Apache 2.0.36 with PHP 4.2.1, I placed all my PHP dll files in the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder, which is where Windows tends to prefer such things. Also, note that when you list directories in php.ini, for some reason they need to have a trailing slash, such as:

Code:
extension_dir = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\
-------------------------------------------

"Now, this might cause some discomfort..."
(

Thanks lads. Adding the dll to the system 32 directory did the trick. Sorry for not having all the assets in order before posting my question, but I guess I got overly enthusiatic about posting my question.

Thanks lads. Adding the dll to the system 32 directory did the trick. Sorry for not having all the assets in order before posting my question, but I guess I got overly enthusiatic about posting my question.

-gumby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back