Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AP(4.2a): Post in Progress Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaker

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2001
US
I have an AP batch stuck in "Post in Progress" status. When I try to post the batch we get the following error:

**Open Document Sched. Payment.
**Database error (operation=INSERT, error=2).
**Error occurred during posting. No error batch created.

It will not let us delete, open, or print the batch. I delete the restart records and try it again with the same results. I ran the data integrity tool with the fix option "on". All modules are error free except AP. The error I get with AP is:

Payment and Adjustment Batches, Payments/Adjustments, Miscellaneous Payments, Applied Payments, Adjustment G/L Distributions
E: Open Document Sched. Payment.

Database error (operation=GET, error=2).

1 Error(s) found in Accounts Payable

I also ran the verify database utility and it says there are no errors anywhere.

Is there anything I can do besides send the data in to be fixed. I read somewhere that you can edit the apstrt.dat file and flag the batch "partially posted". I do not know what database editor to use to do this. If anyone has any thoughts I would love some suggestions.

Thanks!

I think any batch open payment, should be poasted, the other reason, the distributed and applied amount may be different, try to print the check on blank page and post it and then run data integrity, it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back