Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOL 6.0, Win2kserver, Linksys BEFSR41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Greetings Techies,
Need some help..My Network setup Win2k server acting as Domain Controller,Dhcp,Wins,Dns server. Cable connection with Linksys router port forwarding enabled port 1723.(Looking good) here is where I got the problem, client Win2k pro AOL 6.0 dial up connection Dhcp is provided by my DC. I manage to connect and get authenticated i start to browse my shares with no problems. However, i get disconnected every time in about 5 to 10minutes max. Does anyone know if this is an AOL 6.0 issue or perhaps something i havent caught yet. And have others had this same issue.

Please help.. thanks.

Edsonx

Does you AOL connection get drop every 5 - 10 minutes when you are *not* using the VPN?
If not, are you using different usernames/passwords to access resources on the network?

Hi,
Ok this is the latest I think that AOL doesnt work very well with a VPN connection. I connect and get authenticated perfectly fine browse my shares and boom get disconnected every time in about 5 to 10min. I go to my friends house who has free ISP dial up and test VPN. ANd Guess What? works great stay connected for as long as I want. I also tested VPN from another AOL dial up account and the same thing happens. I think AOL has some sort bug which doesnt allow VPN connections. If anyone has had this same problem please Help.

Edsonx

I remember reading somewhere there is a problem with AOL 6.0. I think it said you should use either 4.0 or 5.0 and you are able to run multiple AOL versions simultaneously. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Yeah I read the same article Darn AOL is bad!! If there is anyone using AOL and VPN with success PLease POST some info

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back