Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOFO Not Available for Media Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

itecs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2002
US
Yet another thread concerning Advanced Open File Option...

I started with the evaluation copy of Backup Exec 10 on a client's server (Windows 2000 sp4 / PDC) with AOFO as one of the options utilized. The client agreed to purchase the licenses and proceeded to add four AOFO and Remote Agents license numbers under TOOLS - SERIALS....

Anyhow, when I did that the software accepted my license numbers and I was able to move forward with the list of plug-ins that were about to install. On this window, AOFO was dark grey and had a red cross over the option even though I installed FOUR AOFO numbers. If I continue on, I am able to use the settings in AOFO during a job setup.

I am backing up 4 computers total, 3 remote servers (all w2ksp4) and 1 w2k Workstation, and the local w2ksp4 Primary Domain Controller. The Remote agent client was installed remotely from the media server.

All remote servers are successfully utilizing the AOFO option included in their backup job, and I have found that they all have the VSP.SYS and VSPAPI.DLL files located in their rightful places. The local server however do not have the files anywhere on the HD.

The message in the job history claims that the target computer may not have the proper AOFO license installed and to reinstall.

I have performed, uninstall / Reinstall, used the Repair Tool in add/remove programs and have verified that all the available updated drivers and patches are applied. Also re-entered the four AOFO license numbers.

Any ideas? I am in desperate need to get them operating on a software package we recommended... Veritas, no real help off their website, everything they recommend to do has been done.

mis-type, I'm not using AOFO on 5 computers total, there are 2 remote servers and 1 remote workstation besides the local media server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back