Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone using SQL as ARCserve's DB? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyr

Technical User
Dec 28, 2000
US
Is anyone doing this?

As usual, CA's completely crappy documentation of their product.

Can I convert from the RAIMA database?

Does the SQL Server have to be on the same server or can I connect via ODBC?

Where can I find some USEFUL documentation about this product?

Thanks

Were using it (SQL7.0).. its crap.. if u still wanna use it.. you have to be running at least 6.6x SP1 for NT, there's a utility in arcserve program called setupsql. then u can convert ur RAIMA VLDB to SQL by running dbtosql.exe. u can also use odbc.. when u run setupsql, it will ask u where the sql database would be located and u can have a centralized database if ur running multiple arcserve servers. forget about documetation.. theres none. works fine for a while but it craps out as ur database grows bigger.. were migrating to veritas!!

agreed arcservesux, but it's all I have for now....

In the process of converting from raima to sql, do you know how long it takes for this conversion using the dbtosql.exe?

I have roughly a 7gb raima database.
any help would be better than ca can give.

If you are using AS2000, then make sure you are up-to-date on you patches, as there were several asdbcli1.dll updates (the dll that AS uses to communicate with SQL).

It usually takes ~1 hour per GB, or longer depending on your equipment. Monitor the dbtosql.log file in the Arcserve install directory to check its status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back