Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone Using SIP Trunks successfully 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecTel

Vendor
Feb 22, 2003
US
Does anyone have a list of SIP providers that have successfully worked with IP office? Also configuration info for SIP trunk that worked? I have tried using Broad Voice. What happens is sometimes the calls register and rings to the IP office but then it stops and no longer registers

you should ping the SIP gateway of call centric not their website and use that IP address. I have never done anything with them but it might be something like sip.callcentric.com (that doesn't work btw) but they should have given you the SIP gateway for the account somewhere.
According to their website the only one responding to a ping is ping.callcentric.com but the DNS will still bring you the correct IP address.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

TecTel:
I used 204.11.192.23 as the IP (as I'm in the Eastern US). When setting up the SIP URI. You use the 777 number as the logon and the Phone SIP Password entered on your user page.

You do not need to setup a SIP URI for every number you purchase from them, just the 777 number. You then setup ICRs for each of the numbers you receive from them (i.e. 777xxxxxxx, 800xxxxxxx, etc.) and route it to where you wish. Don't forget to create ACRs with N"@callcentric.com".

I've had them for some time. Incredible price, however, goes unregistered sometimes. Requires a switch reboot. Set the Registration Expiry to 3 mins as this seems to help. I've setup DoNotCalls routes as well as others without problem. Also, providing you have the bandwidth, set the codec to G711. They can handle it, it's more efficient and the call quality is better.

Hope this helps. Take care...
Drew

Drew

Thanks for the help. 204.11.192.23 is working. What did you use in your ARS for outbound calling?

TecTel:
If it's 7 digits, I pad the 1 and local area code. I did a 1777xxxxxxx for calls to other CallCentric customers. That's pretty much it. I also did a star code (don't remember which) so that I could pass a string directly to CallCentric (like *95N,Dial 0,N"@callcentric.com".

Turn on multiple calls, don't use the 777 as the outgoing number, don't forget the G.711 and use Call Treatments to re-route to another number (cell phone, etc.) when you go unregistered.

Drew

Drew
Thanks for your help. I got everything going now. I really appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone else as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back