Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone Using SIP Trunks successfully 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecTel

Vendor
Feb 22, 2003
US
Does anyone have a list of SIP providers that have successfully worked with IP office? Also configuration info for SIP trunk that worked? I have tried using Broad Voice. What happens is sometimes the calls register and rings to the IP office but then it stops and no longer registers

Depends on where you are :)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

That is an interesting response. Why would it matter where I am? But I am located in NYC

It would matter because the two providers we use are UK only - Gamma and Voiceflex.

Because the world is bigger then only America :)

We can advice you a provider that does not deliver in your area, that is why i ask

RTFM.gif

"Because the world is bigger then only America"
This is why I thought it didn't matter where I was.

But any info would be appreciated.

The advantage of sip is that it does not matter where you are but the providers do not deliver everywhere or deliver only when you use there connection etc etc
I do not know of any providers in the states so you have to wait for the answer

RTFM.gif

We are using Global Crossing and AT&T simultaneously in our IPOffice 500.

Personally, I would recommend Global Crossing. We are in the Midwest

I'd look here and look under SIP providers in the general section.

It provides a list of the SIP suppliers approved by Avaya for all regions of the world. If these dopn't work, I suggest that you look at how you are implementing SIP and how teh are connecting to the service provider.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I use les.net (on the Avaya list) works well and I also use unlimitel.ca which is cheaper and you can tell but still ok for the price they charge.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Installed on XO Communications in Dallas, TX. Supposedly this was one of their first, but customer happy.

You might want to try PaeTec too. Although the configuration publication provided by Avaya (unless they have been corrected)are somewhat incorrect, but it works and they are East Coast based.

Westi:

Could you provide info on how you have your IP office set up to handle the SIP trunks from les.net and unlimitel?

If possible how you have the
Lan 1 and 2 settings including gatekeeper and network topology
Any applicable IP routes
Sip Line and Sip UPRI
I would greatly appreciate at it.

CallCentric (great plans), DIDWW (extremely reliable), CallWithUs (really inexpensive, can control outgoing CLID), Free World Dialup. All works as expected. A few glitches where it may go unregistered (except for DIDWW which does not require you to register).

Drew

I have my IP Office on DHCP client (I probably get flak for that) but I was lazy that night
gatekeeper: SIP Proxy enabled (important I overlooked that in the beginning and Intrigrant made fun of me, lol)
Network topology: Full Cone NAT running STUN at startup

settings for my IP lines
unlimitel.ca

SIP line

itsp domain unlimitel.ca
itsp address 209.217.98.194
primary Auth Name phone number
Primary auth passw password for the account
primary registration Exp 3600

network config

layer 4 UDP
send port 5060
network topology LAN 1

SIP URI
pretty much default with use authentication name and primary

Les.net has a different domain and IP address , auth. name and password otherwise same setup

shortcode for dialing out (unlimitel dialss all calls local except 1-800 numbers

xxxxxxxxxx
dial
N"@209.217.98.194"
line group ID of unlimitel

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Try 'VoiceFlex', apparently they are the most advanced SIP provider and recommended by AVAYA.

Thanks Joe w. Do you put anything in the SIP tab in Users? I saw that listed in the Paetec Manual that bas1234 provided.
I am hoping that my problem is with the Broad voice SIP service since the best I am able to do is for the service to work for a few minutes then no longer work. I will try one of the providers that everyone has kindly supplied. I wasn't really looking for a Paetec type solution (that I know I can get running) . I am planning to offer this to small companies that would not need a full PRI. I was thinking of offering a small company such as unlimited.ca that would provide SIP trunks over the internet. Then I could set up the IP Office to use ARS to use analog lines for local outbound and the SIP trunks to simulate DID's and long distance calling.

you only need something in the SIP tab in user if you use "use user data" in the URI.
you can overwrite the information in the URI with anything you like to send (thanks bas1234 you told me that) then you send that information out
[COLOR=red yellow] but careful with incoming calls[/color red yellow]
I had to make a second URI and split incoming and outgoing line ID to make my incoming calls work again. I have the outgoing number with an incoming wrong line ID and made a correct incoming ID with the correct number.
Then put the number you want to send into the field into the local URI and in contact and Display name( because I didn't have the time to play I don't know which one actually does the trick)you put in the name you want to display.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Joe W. unfortunately unlimited.ca doesn't sell to the US.

I was able to set up an account with callcentric. Drew would you have info on how you set this account up on the IP Office? I get it to work with softphone but I am not having any luck with IP office.

I am not sure what to use for the ITSP IP address. I pinged callcentric.com and got 204.11.192.10 But I am not getting my trunk to register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back