Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone using Narrowcast Server? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlim

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2001
US
Just started working on the Narrowcast Server. Will be using it to send reports via email to other users who are not using MicroStrategy Web. Any experience or/and lessons learn would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Hello nlim,
I started experimenting with Narrowcast server some weeks ago, and I can tell you that at first I was overwhelmed by the complexity and it took me some time to realize how powerful it is when you succeed in understanding the way it works. I have created a simple narrowcasting and alerting project and i managed to solve some interesting problems in the process. Feel free to mail me with specific questions, i will be happy to help if i know the answers.
My general impression is that the potential and capabilities are fantastic, and very elegantly coupled with the analytic power of the rest of MSTR 7.
Are you planning to use Subscription Portal, or just the core?

Regards,

Hrvoje

Hello,

I shall appreciate if some guidelines are provided on Dynamic Subscription in Narrowcast Server.

Thanks

Thanks. I have configured a service involving personalized page execution through Narrowcast Administrator, but i have difficulty in configuring the same service through Subscription portal. It throws up an error saying that default profile is not available. I think i need to specify the profile at the time of subscribing as done in the subscription book.

Can you giude me in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back