Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone used a Chat plugin for Sharepoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2002
GB
I am currently evaluating various Intranet products in the market. I installed and rolled out Sharepoint in my last company and will possibly be doing the same again (if we decide sharepoint is the way to go).

However one of the requirements on the "wish list" is the ability to chat to other members of staff.

I have seen the MSN messenger chat webpart, but really wanted a stand alone chat function, one that integrates with exchange.

Exchange 2000 conference server springs to mind, however, we are currently using exchange 5.5 within the organisation.

Exchange 5.5 has a chat service option that I am yet to investigate.

Has anyone configured a chat function within sharepoint?

Hi Simon,

I'm facing the same issue. I want to have a chat service web part in SharePoint 2000 which talks to exchange 5.5.'

If you have a solution, please let me know

Thank you,
Radha

Hi Simon,

I got a chat room working in development in our installation of SharePoint, all I did was download some free chat room code for one of the many source sites, set it all up on a web server and just created a new webpart that got its source from the chat room url, and it worked fine.

Not sure if this will do what you require but worth a try. The code I used was for Liquid Chat II, I've had a quick look and I cannot find it anymore ont he web, but I still have the source if you would like it.

Steve

Hey Steve,

I, like Simon, am looking for a chat component for the Sharepoint Services I have just rolled out. If there's anyway you could get me the code that you were talking about, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back