Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone use Veritas to backup their citrix servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chifu

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
GB
I am thinking of purchasing Veritas to backup 4 NT servers, 2 of them Citrix ones and one is an Exchange.

Has anyone successfully restored Citrix from a Veritas backup. Do you need the open file option for this?

Thanks.

Yes, we use Veritas Backup Exec to backup our "Profile/Home" Citrix server. We have 25 published app servers and we store all of our users profile and home directories on one server.

We back it up with Veritas using a Compaq SDLT. Works great, haven't had any problems restoring or backing up.

Thanks for that. Do you use just the base Veritas Exec for this, without the special options?

well i use Backup exec for netware and NT
without open file option and it runs fine only the open files (swapfiles etc) cannot be backupped due that their open (open file option just delays the active file till its closed then writes to the tape)

Greetz

Dev

Thanks for the Info. I think I will save the money and not have OFO.

Have you tested a disaster recovery of a Citrix server yet? Veritas IDR works great on the server BackupExec is installed on, but I have not tried to restore a remote Citrix server yet. I am currently using ArcServer (ack, ack...) to backup my Citrix server because it will run on the Citrix server and I can perform a full disaster recovery. Any notes on performing a disaster recovery of a remote Citrix server using BackupExec (NT preferably) is appreciated.

Thanks

I have had the veritas purchase put on hold, so not been able to do any more on this. Sorry.

The IDR is not on the Demo disk.

I have purchased the IDR with the Enterprise product. I just have not had the opportunity or equipment to test recovery of a Citrix server. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back