Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone use InfoPath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailblazerLS

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
I am doing an evaluation of the benefits and issues with Infopath. It may be useful for our organization, I would like to hear how and what you like about it and what you dislike. Thanks

as little as possible to be honest.....the gui functionality allows you to do only the most basic forms. This will be ok if you only have databases with one or 2 tables that need to be updated but if you have properly normalised data, this is unlikely. To get the most value from this app, you will need someone in your company that is familiar with .NET, xml data structures, LDAP querying and webparts

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

So, essentially it is a waste. Microsoft should have put that energy into Access. My department uses PDF forms for a variety of cases, sometimes they come to me to do changes.
Sometimes modifying a radio button in a pdf can be an experience, that's one reason I am looking at InfoPath.
We might want to have users fill out the form and save it to a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back