Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone use impact printer in SAP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanIT

MIS
May 11, 2001
CA
We need to print multi-copy forms for pick tickets in our Distribution center.

Does anyone use an impact printer in SAP, or any other means of creating two-copy forms?

Our DC people need to validate pick tickets by writing on a copy, and right now they have to transcribe those markings to another copy to include in the shipment.

If you use anything like this, please let me know what type of printer you are using.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,
Worldwide we use HP and Zebra printers almost exclusively, but we do use an Epson impact printer or two. Some Brazilian forms are multi-part. See transaction SPAD for a list of supported device types. Definitely see OSS note 8928 for a list of device types in R/3 Releases 3.x/4.0x/4.5x/4.6x/6.x.
Mike

Sounds expensive ;-) Here's a simple (cheap n' nasty)

On my Unix I can simply:
- print to a script

I've created such a solution once, where I simply replaced the interface file for the spoolqueue with a script.
In the script you can do whatever you need.
We did some Duplicate copies, Name generation, transfer to external "printshop" site, and logging.

Pro's: Cheap, fast, flexible

Con's: Support

You need a programmer (Shell/Perl or C) and ensure documentation afterwards.

Dan,

We are using Okidata Microline 590's and 591's in our Shipping department to print our bill of lading, packing list, and commercial invoices which are all on multi-part forms. No problems so far.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back