Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone use FoxWeb? Forum source codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzLogic

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
Hi all,

If anyone who uses FoxWeb (FoxPro webserver type) and develops online apps and scripts for their own or clients, i have written a small class and few scripts for a pure VFP/FoxWeb forum.

It has the following:
- small prg class for the forum to handle viewing, posting, replying etc.. source code

- FWX (foxweb script pages) source codes
- Few DBF files
- couple images
- JS files and the CSS files for the tiny_mce WYSIWYG editor

I have read on their website of people asking about a forum written in foxpro/foxweb.

here is the link to give it a test drive that i just slapped arround.

user: ali
pass: ali

again, it is very basic, and i am sure one can do alot of fancy things with it and make it nicer etc..

if anyone want intrested in the source codes let me know. you can use it anyway you like. I do highly doubt many VFPers here use FoxWeb though. Regardless, if you want it, let me know.

Again, this is if you are using FoxWeb server with Visual FoxPro

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

Btw, i am not affiliated with FoxWeb company nor am I advertising for them.

I am a vfp developers that use FoxWeb to integrate vfp with the web etc..

I thought a fellow developer might find it useful.

:)

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

Hi,

interesting, but nothing happens when I click on Login

Jockey(2)

Hmm, i just tried it. and i am using IE9

What browser are you using?

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

Hi jockey2,

i just tried it with Firefox too.

did you use the
username: ali
password: ali

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

The login works fine for me. It looks like a useful demonstration on what can be achieved in FoxWeb.

I've had FoxWeb bookmarked for a while now, with the intention of exploring it further. Maybe this will give me a nudge. (I'm also planning to look at their full-text search tool.)

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

MikeLewis,

Thank you for the feedback. i appreciate it.
i have been using foxweb for about 4 years now.

here is a full blown portal system (entirely) in foxweb that is real time with my ERP system (warehouse management/inventory order/account management)

same login

has real time shopping carts
RMA system
account management
Posting news and events
entirely data driven using the ERP system (vfp 9 application)

Runs on IIS 2003 server (or 2008 R2 on alot of my clients)

one of my client has 50 local users/workstations and about 3000 business reseller (dealers) that use it every day. it scale impressively. and the beauty mike, it is 100% VFP code (ofcourse with HTML/Javascripts/CSS too)

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

Mike, my selling pitch is to the client, is to allow their customers to access their important information (without calling the corp office), view invoices, credit memos, etc.

also, if a client has a sale team, then, give the sales team access to forecast reporting, dashboard, sales metrix, communications, training, etc..

works 90% of the time (if the price is right) :)

Good luck.
if you need any source code when you start messing with it, i am willing to share them with you (forums or portal).. seriously
shoot me an email
ali at teknkosoft.com

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

sorry, mistyped my email:
ali (at) TeknoSoft.com

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

Ali,
my reading mistake! I used all for username and password amd than nothing happens :( with correct UN and PWD it works as a charm.
Sure I will contact you incase I need something like your smart application.
Jockey(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back