Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone switch from Genesys to 100% SCCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjamm

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2001
US
Anyone switch from Genesys to 100% SCCS?

I am looking for any information regarding someone switching from Genesys CTI to Symposium. I would like to hear from people who think Symposium is a better product and why.

mjamieson@esd.wa.gov
Mark

Well were do I start!! First and foremost the SCCS is far better working behind a Nortel PBX then a Genesys system. The code is all Nortel and there is no need for costly intergation. The Symposium is a true call center switch. Handling the calls 100% of the time. As with the Genesys you are doing nothing more than transfers. Not true call control. I have never spoke with someone that disliked the Symposium that came from a third party call control application. I have had several issues the other way. Going from SCCS to another app.

Make the jump if you haven't already!
TWM

TWM:
I'm new to both Call Center suites and I may have some concepts that could be erroneus:
1. SCCS works over Windows and Genesys framework can work over Windows and solaris, which could be more stable.
2. Genesys can have hot standby and warm standby, but SCCS doesn't
3. Genesys have outbound and blending. SCCS only does inbound.
4. It's real that same company integrates better its products than those from third parties, but Nortel promises SCCS is very open.
I want to know your expert opinion because something is going to finish in my company: SCCS or my contract ;)

Well.... With SCCS 5.0 you now have the option of stand-by server. This option would allow you a fail-over system.
It is true that the SCCS is only supported with Windows. I wish that this was not the case.
With the next release of Call Center many new things will be happening. I can not discuss these due to contracts. But the next release(6) will provide this and much more!!!

The standby option of the Nortel solution requires 3 re-boots of the "standby" server. It also requires reconfiguration of the Standby Servers IP address/hostname to be that of what was the Active Server. So that when ever one wants to go to the standby server, it requires an operator to be at the windows console to do this re-configuration, re-booting etc etc to make it happen. And this is all on top of the estimated 15 minutes for the replication from the active SCCS database to replicate to the Standby SCCS database.

As for Symposium doing CTI, Symposium call center server (SCCS) is not a CTI platform. To do CTI, one needs the Symposium TAPI Server which relies of the native support provided by the Windows OS for TAPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back