Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone know where i can get 2.1 software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akb1111

Programmer
Aug 28, 2008
US
hey guys,

i have a small office unit that is new and has 2.0 software. if i was told right, i cant talk to the unit unless i have 2.1 MANAGER software?

if so, i cant find the 2.1 software. does anyone know where i can get it?? i want to upgrade to 4.1. i tried to upgrade without luck.

any help would be great.

thanks!

I am stuk on 8mb down and 1 up right now
I can't get faster with dsl now
Maybe that cable will be faster

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Have virgin got a wider area of distribution yet?

i live just outside london, and when i moved into my flat in november i was told they didnt do my area yet?

i ended up with Sky Max, but i live pretty much next door to the exchange, so get pretty decent speeds, im just not allowed to change my router lol

0118999 88199 9119725..3

@TomMills, I have a little thing you can run that gives you youre sky routers login, you can then change it to whatever you like.....down with the fascists!! :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Haha, down with them indeed. i found a few bits on the web that let you find your login and stuff. hopefully ill get round to it.

i quite like the look of the sky one, its small and neat under the the tv. but there isnt much programming available, and i need to be able to make some changes to get the most out of fifa 09 online!

0118999 88199 9119725..3

You have the netgear or the Cr44py sagem one? The netgear can be manipulated a fair bit.

I have a sagem one :( i think it looks better than the netgear one tho.

aside from making me feel like im breaking the law by changing MY router, the service has been good.

0118999 88199 9119725..3

I have changed out about 4 or 5 of those for friends, they tend to go wobbly quite often in comparison to the Netgears, they do look neater though. I'm on Mid and get 8.5 meg easily and I always go over 40 gig cap usually by double but have never had a bill or warning for it. Only a fiver a month too...great

i think i get about 13-15 down comfortably most days. loads of elderly people near me, so contention ratios are like nil lol.

i dont think the max one is capped. but i seriously take the p!ss with it and they dont seem to care.

you getting hasstled to get an HD box everyday?

0118999 88199 9119725..3

I get the usual junk mail but no calls, I route them to a "Fu** off" messsage with my SOE :) Freesat with Foxsat HDR is the way to go now I think.

i wanted to put an soe in. but my missus thinks its ugly.

i dont even watch sky really. only for football. and to get the broadband.

0118999 88199 9119725..3

I hide it under the setee, it's our ex demo so it has wireless,ccc,vm pro,contact store and like 20 other licences on.....a bit of overkill to tell telemarketers to F off :)

i also think she knows i would be using t(5) to keep her phone calls to her mates in france down. and i could barr incoming calls from her parents, hmmmm. maybe ill put one under my sofa.....

0118999 88199 9119725..3

I have a couple of Ana ones left......cheap to you :)

yeah they would need to be analogue ones, she might notice if she comes home and there are 5410s dotted around :)

0118999 88199 9119725..3

I still have an old 8DT with analog ports on it
Too bad still small thing is EOS and will disappeare
It fitts almost everywhere :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor