Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know what ASTPSDAT.000 & ASTPSDAT.001 do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coupleojars

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2001
GB
I've noticed that the above files are taking up over 600Mb on my server. Does anyone know what they do and what I can do to reduce their size ?

Any offers gratefully accepted,
Mac

They are usually backups of the database file taken when it does stuff like pruning or fixing. You shoudl be ok to delete them providing your main database is ok. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I deleted these files and since cannot retreive files by name ie no database is maintained help.

I have always been under the impression that these are the actual data from the tapes that you back up to. That with this data in place, a restore is easier to do. That without it, the tape being restored from will need to be merged into the data base.

So to the reply that they deleted these, I think you need to do a merge from that tape.

These files are actually part of the database. They are continuations of the *.db file. Do not delete these. If you did you should restore the DB from before you did this and merge any jobs since then.

I apologise if I gave wrong information, but I was led to believe that they were actually backups of the database taken when the database does a repair or pruning.

Does anyone have any documentation on when and why this occurs? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back