Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know how to open ACT 2000 using Crystal 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMEGA8

MIS
Jul 8, 2002
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know how to open an Act 2000 database in Crystal 8.5?

When I run Crystal and open a database from act (*.dbf) it gives me a message telling me "Invalid TLV record". What does this mean?

Do I have to create a DSN to the Act database? If so, which driver do I use?

Please help.

Thanks

OMEGA8

Hi All,

It appears that it works when I run a local copy of Crystal from my local machine.

The problem is that it does not work when I run it from Citrix Metaframe XP. It always prompts me for a password.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

TLV stands for Total Length Value. I am unsure why you are getting this error, however remote access via citrix/MS terminal services, etc. always has it challenges.

When you get an answer to this please post back, I am interested as I have recently had a couple of inquiries on CR for ACT! Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Actually, through Citrix it always prompts me for a Microsoft Access Password. However, when I try to open it from my local machine, it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

One complication is that a DBF file can be either a Foxpro/xbase file or an Act! database.

If you've selected Act! as one of the Cr data sources when you installed CR8.5 then it works well. I suspect your Citrix server will need reinstallation of the missing CR8.5 Act! drivers. If the driver isn't there it will try an use the DBF driver, and they dont' work properly.

To everyone else - big improvements with Cr reporting from Act!2000 in Cr8.5. Older versions did not work anywhere near as well. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back