Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone know how to disable the mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbit01

MIS
Oct 31, 2003
US
anyone know how to disable the message you receive the first time you run Internet Explorer from a terminal session?

"Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Would you like to make it you default browser?"

Is there a registry key that will disable this message so all 100 users on the server dont receive it. I know you can just select "yes" but i would like to make it as seemless for the users as possible.

log in locally the the server as the admin, and uncheck the check box in the internet option=>programs tab at the bottom of the tab. Im not sure if it should propagate to the other users. But it sounds good, ill try to get you a reg fix

This setting is in the registry. I do not have the key available but will try to get it for you. Basicly load the ntuser.dat file for default user into regedt32 and apply the key change. All new users will have the setting configured immidiatly to not check default browser.
If you want to look up the key use regmon from sysinternals and make the change manually with regmon running.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software \Policies \Microsoft \Internet Explorer\Main\Check_Associations" is the subkey and it should be set to no if you do NOT want message.

Erik

There's no such registry key on my servers. Doing a registry search for "check_associations" reveals 3 entries and they're all set to "No". Still I get the message?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back