Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know how to add Tip Out percentage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azian112

Technical User
May 17, 2003
US
Hello,

We recently got a new ALOHA POS system, and we were wondering if anyone here knew how to add Tip out percentages to the employee checkout? Our staff is thrown off by the amount that they need to tip out for the bar and bussers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Go into Aloha Manager, Maintenance, System, Events. Add an event 'tip share'. You will need to add an event for each job code that pays tip share. Any questions just ask.

Well I tried what you suggested (Thanks by the way) and I set the 'Job Group ID' to '1' (which is what our server job code is) and set the tip out percentage and I set the 'Day Part' to 'Dinner'. I have refreshed the system and I ran a mock check out with $10 dollars and on the check out sheet, it doesn't show the tip out percentage or anything.

Did I do something wrong? Thanks again for any help.

now that you have created the event, you need to go into job codes and set each one to the correct group to match the event you created (1 in this case).
once you have edited the job codes and assigned them to a group, refresh and everything should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back