Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone in here troubleshoot the NETDOM command tool? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezy6902

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2003
US
I am having no uck getting any responses on my issue so im posting in here in the hopes of possibly someone seeing my thread and giving a little insight. I haqve tested the pc and port 135 is open and i can remotely manage it but the netdom command remotely gives a "rpc server not available"..

Hey guys,

I am setting up a script to remove a bunch of clients from the domain and am using the NET DOM command line tool but i keep getting "rpc server not available" when running this remotely on a test machine.

heres what i got:

C:\>NETDOM REMOVE "testpc/Domain:domain /UserD:administrator /PasswordD :password UserO:administrator /PasswordO:password /REBoot:30"
The RPC server is unavailable.

now for the "/passwordO:" im using the local admin password and for the "passwordD:" im using the domain password... Is this right? The messed up thing is i was able to get this to work once and now a day later i cant get it to work for some reason. its gotta be something stupid im not seeing.

Anyone have this off the top???

Thanks for any input,

Ben

Remove your quotes.

NETDOM REMOVE testpc/Domain:<domain> /UserD:<user> /PasswordD:<password> UserO:<user> /PasswordO:<password> /REBoot:30000

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

works like a charm now. thanks for your help, and sorry bout the repost.. i thought i didnt put it in the right area.

Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back