Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone here got any experience of Grid.JS (a sortable Javascript grid)

Mike Lewis

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
Scotland
www.ml-consult.co.uk
Does anyone here have any experience of Grid.JS. This is a JavaScript grid that supports sortable columns and global search. I am thinking of using it in my next application, but I am a little worried about gaps in the documentation, and also that they don't appear to have an active support forum or other support options (which is understandable, given that the product is free).

I don't have any specific questions just now, but I would be interested in knowing how well known the product its.

Mike

. For simple tables it appears to be an excellent addition

I had thought of using it, but without a massive rewrite there is no way I could use it with my "random" inter-leaved tables.
'

Thanks for all your replies ...

Tom, I've just given Datatables.js a quick run-through. It looks good. I was able to get a very simple grid up and running quite easily, which is more than I could with Grid.js. Plus they see to have an active support forum. So I might go with that.

I'll work on this some more and report back.

Mike

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back