Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone having trouble with tapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linuxian

MIS
May 24, 2005
US
I have CV 6.1 SP3 running with media agents in 3 locations. We each use different tape technology (DLT, SDLT, LTO, etc. One site uses an auto loading library with 2 drives).

We all have issues with CV backing up to tape. It does a great job when backing up to disk but it's giving us all kinds of problems when we try to run an aux copy to tape.

Without getting into the specific errors, my question is, does anyone else have this working? (Performing a backup to disk then aux copy to tape)

At this point, I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with our install or if it’s a problem common to CV.

no problems with disk as primary and secondary aux copy to tape.

How are you configuring your aux copies?

I configure the aux copy as part of the storage policy. It copies the data from the iSCSI store to the tape once per week.
The problem is that every time the aux job runs, it tells me the media is already allocated or it can't read a data chunk.

These are brand new tapes never before used.

We found the problem. The primary and secondary jobs run with multiple streams but I only have 1 tape drive.

In order to get the tape to work properly, I have to enable the combine streams to 1 setting on the Aux Copy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back