Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone have real SP1 feedback yet? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsetcomp

MIS
Jan 17, 2005
US
I really want to hear the good and the bad of the non-beta SP1 being installed before I install it on my orig RTM sys.

Yes it is a common theme - that's why I mentioned it at the top of this thread.

set -receiveconnector Failed
Error
When the AuthMechanism on the receive connector is set to the value ExchangeServer. You must set the FQDN parameter on the receive connecter to one of the following values: the FQDN of the Transport server
"servername.domainname.local", the NETBIOS name of the Transport server"

I too changed the name back to the internal FQDN (so S1 would install) and it works right now, but what do you do about the the receive connector if you want to set it back to external domain name where it responds to HELO or EHLO?

It seems the Green Checkmark gods have smiled upon me. Installed with no issues. All appears to be working well.

Can someone please tell me exactly how they change the NETBIOS Receive Connector in Exchange 2007? Thanks!

Open the Exch Management Console.
Under Server Config select Hub Transport.
On the Receiver Connector tab open each receive connector.
Enter the Netbios name of the server in the lower box (write down what is already there). The exact netbios name can be found by looking at the properties of "My Computer" on the desktop and clicking the Computer Name tab. The netbios name is the part that reads "name" then .domain.com etc. I used just the "name" part on my exchange SP1 install and it worked fine.

When I went to enter this info on my failed install I had many scary warnings pop up because the server was now partially updated. I just proceeded with the name change and reran the upgrade at which point it started exactly where it left off and finished without any other errors.

Good luck and have some Rolaids handy.

Thanks, onsetcomp! I appreciate the quick reply. I may have found a quicker and easier work-around though. In order to get the service pack installed, all I did was open the EMC > Hub Transport > Properties of DEFAULT Receive Connector > and UNCHECK "Exchange server authentication" under the Authentication tab. Once this was done, the upgrade was cake. Good luck, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back