Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone have experience with JDE Solution Modeler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithKargl

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
US
I am trying to get some first-hand feedback from someone who has used or is using Solution Modeler, the JDE add-on where you can visually model all your business processes, then map them to the software.

Keith Kargl
Dashe & Thomson, Inc.
keith.kargl@dashe.com

What kind of feedback are you looking for? We have it and use it here.

Hello richardsdd. We help companies with process design, documentation, and training for J.D. Edwards and others. One of our clients is considering buying Solution Modeler and using it for PHASE II of their multi-company ERP implementation. In phase I, we just built process models in Visio and used "BPWin", a process modeling software / database. Most of the process models we documented in PHASE I will also work for PHASE II, so if we use Solution Modeler I don't think we'll leverage the work we already have done. Is the program just a package to just generate pretty pictures (process flows, swimlanes, etc.)? Can other outputs be generated from the software, like work instructions, or training aids, or test scripts? What is the key benefit from Solution Modeler? What is NOT good about it? Any advice you could offer would be great. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back