Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyDudes

Technical User
Jan 18, 2005
US
ok. here is the problem... i started getting this message error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. and my pc would randomly restart on its own... but it would work just fine in safe mode... i try to uninstall win xp and reinstall it but it would just keep restarting as soon as it loaded the screan with the dif. options. so i found this prog on the net called killDisk... supposed to formatt all win. os's with no complications... so i ran that and it got almost done formatting and BAM a restart. and ever sence then my moniter has not worked but my pc will boot kinda. every now and then if i hit the restart button my pc the moniter will flicker like its tryin to come on but it never does... i cant try to fix it if i cant see nothing... ive removed all hardware from my pc and reinstalled everything, ive tryed 2 dif. video cards.. a old voodoo 3 i had laying around and my current card nvida 5200fx card neither one seems to bring on the moniter... i tested the moniter out on a laptop and it worked fine. i dont belive this to be a power supply prob cause the pc boots all lights come on and the network card light comes on, all fans work etc... any takers?

You can't usually swap drives with XP (driver issues on mobo). Since XP installed OK on another PC, I would start suspecting a bad CD drive causing corruption when installing Windows.

I still suspect the memory is out of spec with your mobo/cpu
config. Look at your mobo manual and see what memory it calls for ie: CL2,3,4 also look at the specs on your memory modules and see what you are actually using. Your memory may test fine but can simply be the wrong one for your mobo/cpu config.

pc is fixed... i went out and bought a new motherboard and put everything in it and set it up... everything works fine... i was looking at the old motherbord and i noticed 1 of the fan bracket legs that clips onto the motherboard was broken eh... i think i bought it that way and didnt know... so i didnt clip in 1 of the legs on the new motherboard and i ran it... same prob.... restarts... i pressed down on one of the clips and held there while the pc ran and it worked perfectly... well that was the only prob my pc had... dont know why it took a year b4 it started having complications lol... well thank you all for your support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back